Thursday, March 9, 2023

2022 Annual Halloween trip Day 1: Lazy Dog, Haunted Lounge, Amber Waves, The Cauldron Bar

Our October tradition of visiting the themeparks in SoCal for the Halloween season is still going strong. 

Tammy and I arrived to the airport early so we can visit the lounge for breakfast. 
This was going to be Nolan's first time on this trip and hopefully more in the future.
After landing we hopped onto the shuttle and headed to the Fox Car Rental. I usually book my rentals on-site at the airport but for the first time I gave Fox a try. It was significantly cheaper than the rental companies at the airport by about $100. I booked two cars with Fox. When we got to Fox there wasn't a long line, but it took forever for our turn to be served. There was only one person work the desk and the staff person working seemed to greatly hate her job. I told her I had two reservations and she said that was impossible. She informed me that I could not have two cars booked under the same name. Even though I had two confirmation numbers she said the system will automatically cancel the other vehicle and will not notify you of the cancellation. I asked if I could rent another car on the spot and she said no. After and hour we finally got our one vehicle. Fortunately I had booked two vehicles with Thrifty at the airport and never cancelled it. So I went back and got the other car. After a frustrating experience we headed to Lazy Dog and meet up with Tom and Nancy for brunch. 

DIY Mimosa flight offered Saturday and Sunday from 9am-2pm. I believe it was $20 which is a steal. Comes with a bottle of champagne, peach-raspberry, grepfruit-orange & huckleberry juices. 
Strawberry Citrus Soda: fresh squeezed lemon, orange, + lime juices, strawberries, mint, soda.
Crispy Wings
Cajun Fries with chipotle ranch dipping sauce. These were amazing.
Seared Ahi Tuna Salad
Campfire Pot Roast: red skin potato mash, sauteed baby spinach, housemade red wine sauce
BBQ Bison Meatload: all-natural Durhan Ranch grass-raised Wyoming Bisone, smoked bacon, red skin potato mash, sauteed spinach, haystack onions.
Chipotle chicken quesadilla
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Country Chicken & Biscuit: crispy fried chicken, housemade chicken sausage, two sunny side up eggs, housemade buttermilk biscuit, cajun gravy, spiced maple syrup
After spending a few hours at Lazy Dog it was finally time to check into our AirBnb.
After settling in we headed to the Haunted Lounge at Knott's Berryfarm Hotel.
It was extremely packed at the bar. Everyone was trying to get in some drinks before Knott's Scary Farm opened.
I had wait-listed at The Cauldron Bar  which is located just around the corner from Knott's. They were pretty busy also, but due to our party size they could only seat us outside and it was a bit chilly and we had kids with us.
So we ended up back at The Haunted Bar the bar had finally died down after the rush.
Kid's aren't allowed in the bar area so we got a table right outside the bar at Amber Waves Restaurant so that the adults could hope in & out of the bar as needed.

I think this was the Infected Zombie drink.
Witches Cauldron: Jalapeno popper dip and chips.
I think this is the veggie lasgna and soup.
St. Louis babyback ribs.
California Roasted half chicken. 
After dinner we headed back to our rental and called it a night. Tomorrow we had a long day at Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment