Friday, March 10, 2023

2022 Annual Halloween Trip Day 2: Disneyland & California Adventure

Off to Disneyland early Monday morning. 
Since it was Nolan and Thomas' first visit to Disneyland I had the group go to City Hall to get their first visit button. While they waited at City Hall I rushed off to Frontier Land. I recently found out that Disneyland has a Breakfast Chimichanga sold at the cart located near Mark Twain Riverboat.
 
They also offer a Salsa Verde for I think $1.50 which I highly recommend. The Breakfast Chimichanga has eggs, cheese, and sausage and was fantastic and with the Salsa Verde it was out of this world. I'm so upset with myself that I didn't know about this sooner. Highly recommend you get it and they do sell out.
There was a 5 min wait for Buzz Lightyear so we hopped on.
I was on the hunt for seasonal food offerings. I highly recommend doing mobile for all foods that accept it. It makes life so much more convenient. 

This season at the Mint Julep Bar they had Hibiscus Mint Julep
Pumpkin Spiced Beignets
Pumpkin Cold Brew from Red Rose Tavern was delicious. 
We hung out at Red Rose Tavern for a bit of snacking and met up with our friends Alvin & Catherine. It was their kids' first time visit to Disney Parks also. 
In 2021 Silhouette Studio was closed and John couldn't get a silhouette cutout for Jayceon. They reopened this year so we waited in line for them to open. Everyone else decided to get one for their kids also so while they waited in line we went to Candy Palace.
I wanted to get a rainbow slushie but the only flavor they had available was orange. 
We tried getting the seasonal Toffee Pretzel but they were already sold out. So we settled for the everyday Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel.
There was quite a long wait for the Silhouette Studio.
Jaylyn and I went into Crystal Arts and we ended up walking out with a Tiara.
As you can tell I don't like being photographed.
After everyone got their silhouette cutouts it was time for some more food.
Pumpkin Spiced Funnel Cake
Corndogs. I don't know what it is about Disney's corndogs but its delicious. 
In 2021 Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance did not have a walk-up line. You had to make a reservation using the app. I got a boarding group for the evening but ended up getting dropped because the ride broke down and they didn't have enough time for us to board. So this year my goal was to get on this ride.
We ended up waiting about 45 mins but it was totally worth it. What an amazing experience. 
 
Peach Honey Tea slush from Hungry Bear
Prickly Pear Vodka Cocktail from Hollywood Lounge
By the time we visit DCA is was pretty late. All of the World of Colors passes were gone. 
We did found a pretty open spot to watch near Lamp Light Lounge.

That ends the day for us. Tomorrow we start our day at DCA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment