Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Trip Report: Oahu day 3: Char Hung Sut, Byodo-In Temple, Haleiwa Joe's, Kamehameha Bakery, Ubae, Japan Walk, Momosan

Up and at it at seven in the morning. I decided to hit the beach since we haven't gotten into the water yet.


Hardly anyone was at the beach.





Hung out at the beach for a bit before we got hungry.

Tammy wanted to check out Byodo-In Temple, so on our way, we grabbed some hand made dim sum from Char Hung Sut.


When I first walked in, I thought I walked into the kitchen accidentally.

One of the workers took me to the back where all the steamers were and showed me what they had left for the day. I got a little of everything.








Byodo-In Temple is located at the cemetery.



















They have a souvenir shop, you can get bird/fish food for $2




Feed the birds and fish and they all start to gather.

They're used to people and will eat out of your hand.

They were following us until we ran out of food.


After we headed to Haleiwa Joes Haiku Gardens for lunch.



We were looking forward to lunch, but it looks like they were having Sunday Brunch instead. I think it was $27 for the buffet. The food was okay, you're mainly paying for the view.

Read some reviews about the Prime Rib. I'm unsure if the brunch Prime Rib is the same that's served for dinner, but it was okay. I still prefer the House of Prime Rib in San Francisco.



There's a path that leads you to the garden below.

After lunch, we headed to Kamehameha Bakery for the poi donuts.



and next door was Ubae which is known for its Ube cheesecake.


Since we were there we bought a few. They are pretty tasty.


Next was to Shirokiya Japan Village Walk to get some more snacks.



Charmy's was a place that Tammy wanted to try, but we were so full. It was soft serve so it wasn't something we could bring back with us.


Saw some Chili Garlic Gyoza from Tanto Gyoza Izakaya and I really wanted them.

It came with a free beer & a coupon for one dollar beer also. It looks like I have to make room now.


Tammy wanted some milk tea. So we ended up at Mr. Tea Cafe.

Made our way back to our hotel and walked around Waikiki.


I really wanted some ramen from Tsujita, but it looks like it had closed down.


So instead of Ramen, I had a drink at Nomu. Matcha Old Fashioned: Makers Mark, orange, matcha, gold flake.
It was pretty good if you like matcha.

On our way back to our hotel I saw a dive bar Moose McGillycuddy's so I stopped here for a drink also.


Drinks were cheap here. Five bucks for a vodka soda.

We continued on our way and saw Lava Tube Waikiki. I had to stop by here for a drink also.

Well cocktails were seven bucks.

The line for Murkame Udon.

Finally, I got a chance to try to Poi Donut which was pretty good.

Around the corner was Momosan Waikiki so we headed there for dinner. It's a Chef Morimoto restaurant.


Ajitama Potato Salad. This was okay.

Softshell Bao. I really like this dish.

Since I couldn't have Tsukemen from Tsujita thought I would try the Tsukemen here. It was whatever. Tsujita is still way better hands down.

Tammy had a few of their Yakitori which she liked.

That ends day 3. Pretty much a day full of drinking and eating.

Tomorrow it'll be more food and drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment