Wednesday, March 22, 2023

2022 Annual Halloween Trip Day 3: DCA and Disneyland

I was up early and ready to go, but not too sure the kids were though. Sometimes I feel I'm more excited about Disneyland than they are 😅
Give them some sugar and that'll perk them up.
Impossible Breakfast Sha-Warm-Up: plant-based breakfast sausage & egg omelet wrap with dairy-free American cheese and crispy potato bites, served with spiced maple syrup.

This was delicious. We tried to buy a bunch of these but they only had one left so they gave it to us.
         
Elote, if you haven't tried it, it's a must. John got this from Paradise Garden Grill. I believe you can only get the Elote at DCA.
I lined up early at Lamp Light Lounge so I can grab a table for drinks, but found out that you don't need to line up early you just need to reserve a table thru the app when the venue opens. 

I made an attempt to drink all the secret menu drinks

Mint to Be (non-alcoholic) & Zombie (secret menu)
Lobster Nachos
Gooball Island (non-alcoholic)
The Earthquake (secret menu)
Neverland Tea (secret menu)
Melrose Place (secret menu)
Our friend Manjit was in town for a convention so she met up with us for some drinks.
Chile-Ginger Pork Belly Sliders
 The Black Pearl (secret menu). I skipped the Fun Wheel since I've had it plenty of times before.
All of the secret menu drinks are variations of the Long Island Tea type drinks.
I recently saw a post that Lucky Fortune Cookery had reopened with some new items on its menu. The one that stood out was the Beef Bulgogi Burrito with Garlic Flavored Tapioca Chips.
It was freaking delicious!!! You have to get this and I would definitely go back for this again. I should have bought some more and packed it to take home. It was that good.
    
Manjit is now jaylyn's nanny. 😂
Lobster Roll from Harbour Gallery. 
   
We spent most our evening at Red Rose Tavern while the kids enjoyed the rides.
We tried waiting for the Halloween Screams Projection Show but the kids were tired so we called it a night and headed out.

That ends day 3. Tomorrow we head to Rodeo 39 Public Market for some food before we head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment