Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Live Aqua Cancun day 4

We were up around 10 am and headed to Siete for brunch.

La Isla Shopping Village across from Live Aqua.


Pretty empty at Siete on a Wednesday. Everyone seemed to be at the pool


They have very nice buffet offering for brunch at Siete.

Salad bar.

Fruit and Cereal.

Cheese and cold meats.

Mimosa and Bloody Mary bar.


Street taco bar. This was my favorite. Choose your favorite protein and add on and they fry them up for you and throw it on a corn tortilla.

Chilaquiles

Fresh fruit smoothie bar made to order.

I really liked the street tacos. I wished they served them during lunch. All of the brunch offerings were really good.

Banana leaf tamales.

Zucaritas= Frosted Flakes

After brunch we headed over to La Isla Shopping Village across the street from the resort to do some souvenir shopping.

About 1/3 of the shopping village is lined with luxury brands: LV, Tiffany & Co, Tag, etc... There were armed police officers standing around throughout the shopping village.


There's also an Interactive Aquarium.

The other part of the shopping village had souvenir shops and convenience stores. There are a lot of kiosks that will be trying to sell you excursion.

There are a lot of cheap souvenir shops selling bracelets, shirts, & magnets. So make sure you shop around before you make your final purchase.





There are a few currency exchange kiosks also and their exchange rates are all different.



I have heard that there are crocodiles in the lagoon and I saw people riding jet skis in the lagoon. I don't feel too comfortable with that.



Didn't take us too long to find everything that we needed.

Headed back to the hotel to get some more R & R.

Lots of people at the pool, but still didn't have a hard time finding a chair.


Around 3:15 pm we headed to Sea Corner for a light snack before it was time for our massage appointment.





Got the popcorn shrimp and octopus. This was okay.

Tammy had the shrimp tacos cooked pastor style.

I had the fried fish tacos. Was really hoping they would be like baja fish tacos. They were just fried fish and avocado rolled in flour tortillas. Nothing to rave about. I really loved the shrimp and fish tacos they had at Fiesta American Condesa and since it was a sister resort, I was hoping they had the same thing.


Booked a couple's massage for 5 pm, but they had us arrive an hour early so that we can enjoy their spa facilities before our massage.

So the facility is separated. So if you booked a couples massage, the only time you'll see each other is in the massage waiting room and the couples massage room.

They do have lockers for you to lock your stuff.

They started me off in the sauna for 10 minutes, next I took a dip in the cold tub for 10 minutes, then they gave me a glass of iced green tea and I spent 10 minutes in the steam room, which had a hint of mint. Majority of the trip I was pretty congested so the mint steam room was very pleasant and taking a sip of that ice cold green tea while being on the steam room was quite the sensation. After, it was 10 minutes in the hot tub, where they had you lie with your head back and placed cold cucumbers (i think) on your eyes and a cold towel over your face. Then they had me change out of my swim trunks and directed me to the waiting room where I met up with Tammy and we waited for our massage room to become available.

We both got the Swedish massage which was divine. If you have the time, I definitely recommend you try it. For the both of us it was 3300 pesos for 50 minutes. Which worked out to a little over $150 usd.

They even dried my swim trunks when we were done with our massage. Talk about service.

After feeling like a well tenderized piece of meat, we headed back to the room to get ready for dinner.


Headed back to MB dinner. It's was my favorite restaurant at the resort.

They had some special cocktails they made that night and was handing them out.

Tonight it was coriander butter. The other night we had garlic.


Since it was our last night in Cancun I ordered everything I wanted to try.

Prawn salad with blue cheese foam.

Tuna with ponzu asphere, micro green sprouts. This dish was alright, I wasn't too impressed with it. Probably my least favorite dish from MB.

Beef tongue with black truffle. This was good, but I wished I could have tasted the truffle.

Duck on crostini. Delicious..

Shrimp in garlic & red pepper with cured ham. This dish was okay.

I had to get myself another Habanero soup.

I had the server bring another drink of his choice. I forgot what the drink was called, but it contained Midori, Malibu, and Pineapple juice.

Tammy got the beef filet. Which she really liked. I didn't try it.

I got the pork ribs in pastor powder. It was very tender and fell off the bone. I really liked it, but was so stuffed after eating all the appetizers that I couldn't finish it.

I forgot what desert this was, but it was good.

After dinner we got some sushi so that we can stash it in the room for some late night snacking.

Tammy and I ended up hanging out on the day beds for the remainder of the night.




Went back to the Sushi Bar to stock up on some more sushi for the night. I ended up asking the chef to make a few custom rolls for me.

That ends our last night in Cancun. Tomorrow it's time to head home. Time sure flies by quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment