Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Live Aqua Cancun day 5

There was a bit of an overcast on Thursday morning.

It was sprinkling a bit here and there.

Checked out of our room at noon and gave our bags to the bellhop.


I didn't get to try any of the sandwiches from the cafe.

There's also some pastries and donuts also.

Just got myself some hot tea and Tammy wanted to try their Starbucks, which is not included in the all inclusive, but the non Starbucks stuff is included.

We just hung out at the cabanas waiting for Siete to open for lunch at 1 pm. Looks like the cabanas closer to the main building have fans mounted. That must be nice on a hot and humid day.


I went to go see if they had the grill out and to see what they were cooking up.

On the way there though ran into this guy. Every time I pointed the camera at him, he would bob his head up and down. Wasn't sure what it meant, but upon googling it, seems that he was telling me he was in charge and that this is his territory. Also saw some people feeding him lettuce.

I believe these are female iguanas.

Today they were grilling up ribs and sausages.


We ended up getting a bit of everything just to have a taste. Everything was cooked well and tasted good. I really liked the rice.

A few minutes later Siete opened for lunch.


Grape juice.

The lunch offering at Siete wasn't as extensive as the offering at brunch. I was really hoping they had the street taco station, but it wasn't there. I guess it's only at brunch.

I was excited to see that they had Pasta Para Duros. I haven't had these in such a long time. Used to get them all the time as a kid at the local Flea Market.

After a couple of bites at Siete, we headed to Azur to see what they had to offer for lunch.

I saw them bringing out some fresh coconuts and I really wanted one, but the only place that was serving it was the swim up bar and supposedly they only serve them at a certain time and that they go quickly. I did see this coconut on our way to Azur.




Fried shrimp tacos.

BBQ buffalo wings with blue cheese. These were great. I wish I ordered more.

I believe this dish is Grouper. Tammy ordered it and I tried a piece and it was good.

For dessert I had Apple Strudel. Which was okay, but I'm sure it would have been amazing if it was fresh out of the oven.

Tammy had Strawberry soup with black and white chocolate truffles. This was tasty. It was a different take on chocolate covered strawberries.

By the time we were done with lunch. It was finally time to leave. Our USA Transfers was scheduled to pick us up at 3:15 pm. We arrived at the lobby at 3:10 pm and the car was already there waiting for us.

Took us only a few minutes to get through customs. We ended up having a little over 2 hours to shop before departing.

The one thing I was looking for was Hennessy Pure White. Which is not sold in the U.S, Last time I was here in March they had a bunch, but when I asked for it, they were sold out.

There are a few Kiosks at the airport for some last minute souvenir shopping which are reasonably priced.



Our last view of the hotel zone.

Live Aqua was amazing. It's a great resort for rest and relaxation. The staff was great, service impeccable, and food was amazing . I highly recommend it for couples or if you're looking for a place to take your parents.

If your looking for a party hotel it's probably not for you. It's an adults only resort, so you'll most likely won't find anyone crawling on the floor or throwing up. Which sometimes I like to do =) It's an upscale resort with staff and guest to match.

That ends this trip.

Where to next? Las Vegas here I come.


4 comments:

  1. Great trip report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your trip reports, especially the Las Vegas ones. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Vegas trip should be coming up soon.

      Delete