Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Manresa; Los Gatos, CA

My girlfriend took me to an early surprise dinner At Manresa in Los Gatos, CA for my birthday. I've dined at Manresa about 10 years ago when it was a Michelin two star restaurant. This year, Manresa was elevated to three stars.

Left: Old Fashioned-Four Roses Single Barrel, Bitter Truth Aromatic Bitters Right: I forgot what this was.

Granola Crisp; Petit fourse "red pepper-black olive"


Steamed bun; corn and smoked egg

This was amazing. One of my favorite dishes of the evening.

Rockfish omelet (tamago) w/sturgeon caviar and crème fraîche


Brioche,sourdough, and whipped salted butter


Abalone and it's liver, sea lettuce and cucumber


into the garden, green and bitter


Courgette "stir fry" squid, basil, squid ink


Tomato and crispy rice tart, scallop "jus gras"

the jus gras, if I remember correctly was a browned butter, scallop, & vermouth reduction.

Husky Peach


Baja California striped bass in barigouie, saffron


Strawberry gazpacho


Santa Cruz 75

Osocalis Brandy, lemon, honey, J Lassalle Brut Champagne

Poularde, stuffed morels, anchovy


All of the lamb, nectarine, espelette

Lamb with a slice of lamb heart on top, sweetbread, & fried eggplant

Strawberry and lime pavlova


Mint chocolate mousse cake


Chocolate with summer herbs

this one came with an herb sorbet which was refreshing

Feuillete, peaches and cream, stone fruit consomme


Petit fours "strawberry-chocolate"


Macaroons

Mint chocolate, black sesame, & earl grey

Infused Cold Brew

forgot what this was infused with, but it had alcohol in it.

We were also able to get a quick tour of the kitchen and met Chef David Kinch. The kitchen was super clean, and packed, but it was very quite and everyone moved like gears in a clock.

The food was amazing and I was stuffed by the time dessert started. I wish I can eat like this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment