Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Oahu Day 4: More mopeds, International Market & Cromwell's Cove

It rained pretty heavily on Friday morning and it was time to return the mopeds. The rain stopped around 11am so we quickly hopped on the mopeds so that we could return them before it starts up again.

Alvin and Brandon.

The sky was looking really nice after the shower that just happened moments ago. Did a quick video of our ride back riding along the edge of Diamond Head.

We stopped off real quick to snap some pics.

When we got back to the rental. We were kind of sad to see the mopeds go, but fortunately for us the guy asked us if we would like to have the mopeds for another day for a measly $36 insurance included. We all looked at each other and were like "heck yeah!"

So we kept the mopeds for another day. Headed off to the international market to do a bit of souvenir shopping.

at the ABC store...When you see it.

Here's a video riding along Waikiki beach.

Another video riding along Diamond Head, but in the opposite direction.

We hung out at the house for a bit and Phillip's friend Eugene showed us to Cromwell's Cove.

It wasn't necessarily an easy place to get to.

After Cromwell's we headed back to Sandy beach to attempt at body surfing... key word attempt

The waves at Sandy beach is nothing to be taking lightly. There were people just sitting in the parking lot watch people get smashed. When we went in my brother and I attempted to ride one wave and it literally made us do a forward flip and we landed on our feet. If it was any shallower we would landed on our face. After I was like "I'm out of here" these waves can really mess you up if you're not careful.

After spending some time at Sandy beach it was time to head home to get ready to head over to Brandon's Uncle's house. He had invited us over for dinner.

So we all hopped on our mopeds and as we were heading out some of the locals were kindly bidding us farewell and at the same time Brandon decided to crash his moped into the ground. It was the funniest thing. I wish I had a video of it. ROFL.

Got to Uncle Jeff's place around 7ish and what a view he had.

A panoramic view from Uncle Jeff's balcony. Amazing.

He had prepared us a selection of sashimi

and a bunch of grilled meats.

After dinner a few of us headed back to the house to change so that we could go out.... shamefully some of us just fell asleep and stayed in. I'm one of them. Was so tired and burnt out that I stayed in.... I'm ashamed of myself. That's it for day 4. One more night to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe by Email