Thursday, May 24, 2012

Where else, but Vegas again!. Day 3

We woke up around 10am. We had to hit the road back to San Diego to get Eden to the wedding that his trip to Cali was originally intended for. Lucky for us none of us had a hangover from the previous night.

I was tired though and thanks to Brandon and Eden for driving cause I just slept the whole entire road trip.

I have only been on one road trip to Vegas and that was 12 years ago. I do remember stopping off and going to the an outlet mall and seeing a roller coaster. It was nice to see it again. It brought back a lot of good memories. Found out it was the Desperado Roller Coaster and a bit of useless facts for you: It was once considered the worlds tallest roller coaster. Listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's tallest roller coaster in 1996. 



We stopped off for some gas and some food. We stopped at a 24hr Subways. I have never seen one that was opened for 24hrs, but they did have this awesome Jalapeno Cheese bread. Is this a new thing or only available at certain places?
I
After lunch we hit the road again. I woke up randomly to snap pictures.

Next thing you know we arrive in San Diego. My friend Son from the Orange County area drove down to San Diego to visit for the day.


We settled down for a bit and then we took off to drop Eden off at the wedding. This will be the last time I see him before he heads back to HK. The Vegas portion of his trip was just the tip of the ice berg. He visited me for a few days in my hometown before we headed to Vegas.





After dropping Eden off, Brandon took Son and I to little Italy for some food.



We ended up at Bencotto. Omg was this place good.


Some very thinly sliced prosciutto. It was delicious.

The bartender recommended the Eggplant Parmesan as an appetizer. Even though it was an entree dish he  said it was a nice size for sharing and a good start and oh man was it. The Eggplant thinly sliced and staked.

Since Son was visiting from OC we had to have a drink. What else but the Doris Mok. It's a funny story but we decided to name a drink after my friends wife Doris Mok. It's Chivas Scotch and Club Soda. It was due to my trip to Hong Kong. Click here to find out why

There were so many things on the menu that I wanted. I am a big fan of Gnocchi (potato dumpling type pasta) and every opportunity that I get I try to order it at different places. I was so torn because this restaurant had Gnocchi and I wanted to order it but I just couldn't take my eyes of the special for the day. Mushroom Ravioli with black truffle cheese sauce with caviar.

OMG!! It did not disappoint.

Son got the braised short ribs.

Hand cranked prosciutto slicing thingy.

After dinner Brandon wanted some yogurt so we dropped by Yogurtland.

After yogurt it was time for my flight home. I also had a wedding to attend to the next day. Wish I could have stayed longer, but flights were just ridiculously priced. Saturday had the best rates at time of booking.

This is the last picture before boarding. It was a fun trip. Different from what I'm usually used to in Vegas , but is it weird to say that it was quite relaxing in Vegas? LOL. What's next? Tahoe. Check back next month for my trip report on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment