Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hong Kong & Vietnam Day 2

We woke up pretty early the next day. I think around 7ish (that's early for me) We were staying at the Empire Hotel in TST. Here are some photos of our room.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
The view from our room.
snapixel
We decided to grab some breakfast at the hotel. Espresso!
snapixel
snapixel
Mini pancakes, sausage, eggs, and hash browns.
snapixel
I love to play badminton, but you don't regularly see it on T.V back in the states so it was neat for me to see it playing on T.V in Hong Kong.
snapixel
So the night before Eden had mapped out a schedule for us for today. He had work during the day so he set a plan for us to tour Hong Kong in his absence. Lucky for us our friend Nelson took Thursday and Friday off to hang out with us so he was our tour guide for the day. While we were waiting for Nelson to arrive we decided to walk around the area.
snapixel
We went to a mall near by. It was weird to see a lot of the stores closed. I think it was around lunch time.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
When Nelson arrived. We exchanged some money and went to lunch. Had a nice cold bottle of Coke. It's way better than the canned stuff.
snapixel
Son on the other hand had a can of TsingTao.
snapixel
Some innards for Son. He loves that stuff.
snapixel
For Brandon and I we were all about the goose. It was really good.
snapixel
After lunch we headed to the star ferry to hop over to Hong Kong island. On the way to the Ferry you can walk through this giant mall. Biggest mall I have ever been in. It was several blocks long.
snapixel
snapixel
It was a beautiful day in HK. Couldn't have been better, besides the humidity.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
Hong Kong Island.
snapixel
snapixel
Nelson and Son at the Ferry station.
snapixel
A video at the Ferry station.

snapixel
A video of us riding on the Ferry.

snapixel
snapixel
My brother loved the Seafood sandwich at Subways, but they no longer have it here in the states. So I saw this and thought I would take a picture for him.
snapixel
So when we got to HK island we took a tour bus of the city.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel

snapixel
snapixel
Along the tour we took a stop at "The Peak" we took a trolly/train to the top of The Peak.
snapixel
After we arrived we went to the Sky Terrace. Here's a video of the video. If you go to HK you should at least stop here once.

snapixel

snapixel

You get some amazing views and picture opportunities.

snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
Here are the tracks that rode up on. It's actually pretty steep when you're actually riding on the train.
snapixel
This is view on the other side of HK island.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
After we were done taking pictures it was almost time to head back to the hotel to get some rest and food before our night out on the town. Eden was going to take us to Billidarts and Club Beijing.

So I just happened to stop by the restroom at the drop off building at The Peak and happened to see this. I'm not sure what this is, but I assume it's a handicap urinal. This makes no sense if it is. I would assume the handicapped person would have a hard time holding himself up and unbuckling his pants at the same time.
snapixel
On our way out I snapped some photos of the surrounds buildings.
snapixel
snapixel
Here we are waiting for the train to pick us up.
snapixel
Our ferry ride back.
snapixel
snapixel
This is the giant mall I mentioned earlier. I believe it is the IFC (International Finance Center) Mall. I was reading somewhere that mentioned that this mall has almost 200 stores.
snapixel
Here's a night view from our room. In case you were wondering how much rooms were at Empire TST. I believe we paid around $180 U.S dollars a night.
snapixel
snapixel
After we got ready we headed out for a light dinner. We didn't want to drink on an empty stomach. BBQ pork.
snapixel
snapixel
I had the Wonton noodles.
snapixel
I think Brandon had the pork noodle soup.
snapixel
After dinner we waiting at our hotel lounge for Eden to arrive. While waiting I had a glass of Johnny Walker Black Label.
snapixel
Son had a glass of Martel Cordon Bleu. It was only $15 U.S. My Black Label was $12. If I knew that I would have had the Cordon Bleu instead. Cordon Bleu is usually sold for about $25-$35 a glass in the U.S from what Son told me. He loves that stuff.
snapixel

We headed to Billidarts. It was a really cool place. It's a place where you can play darts, beer pong, and flip cup. If you don't know what beer pong is you can read about it here and if you don't know what flip cup is you can read it here. At Billidarts. They take it quite seriously just look at the beer pong/ flip cup table. It's freaking awesome. You can challenge anyone that is there. So when you challenge a person/team one of the employees at Billidarts is the referee and will ask you what kind of drink you want and they will bring a pitcher of it out. We chose Chivas and club soda, but you can have beer or whatever. The referee makes sure you play by the rules and that every loser drinks their drinks. The team that loses has to pay for the pitcher which is around $20 u.s and in my opinion losing is winning.

Just look at the table! They don't allow pictures, but I had to take a picture. I had my friend Son block their view while I took a pic.
snapixel
After Billidarts it was off to Club Beijing.
snapixel
snapixel
We got there pretty early and it was dead, but it got packed real quick.
snapixel
We bought a 3 liter bottle of Belvedere. It was around $800 U.S I think.
snapixel
snapixel
So before the night began Eden was telling us that he brought his red party glasses. If he is wearing his red party glasses then he is having a great time.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
and so the red party glasses made it around to almost everyone. I'm having a good time.
snapixel
So is Brandon.
snapixel
snapixel
So is Eden's friend. I forgot his name.
snapixel
snapixel
This girl is having a great time.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
Eden and his friend Else (I think that's her name)
snapixel
Elsa is having a great time.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
Jensen isn't sure if he's having a great time, but the red shades are there waiting to be put into action.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
The place was packed. I mean shoulder to shoulder packed. I was told that they take fighting in HK pretty seriously. So the people of HK are not aggressive. My friend Son and I were walking around the club. Son was in front of me and I was pushing him through the crowd. I just happened to see a guy that wanted to go towards my direction, but he had to stop cause we were going in his direction and I was pushing Son through. Keep in mind I'm pretty drunk at this point: I felt bad that the guy had to stop cause I was pushing Son so I thought I would help him out. I reached across and grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him towards me. When I was pulling him across I saw the fear in his face. I then realized that this guys thinks I'm going to kick this guys ass. I'm a really nice guy, but my looks are deceiving. I'm tattooed from head to toe and I workout. After I pulled him a across I realized what I had done and apologized I'm pretty sure he couldn't hear or understand me, but I shook his hand and said sorry and continued on. I swear I good intentions, but probably not the best idea I ever came up with. It does make for a funny story though.
snapixel
LOL. I have no idea what's going on here, but I might have asked Eden to make a funny face. I was pretty drunk and don't remember much.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
I started playing paper-rock-scissors for shots with random people. I think I lost on this one.
snapixel
Son lost to her too.
snapixel
Steve and Elsa
snapixel
Steve and Brandon.
snapixel
I have no idea what Eden is looking at, but he looks super excited to see it.
snapixel
snapixel
I think this was our host or server. Even she is sporting the red party shades.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
So it was time to leave. So we started to head outside. I somehow got lost and ended outside first. Brandon and Son thought I was still in the club and decided to look for me. All this time I was sitting outside waiting for them. I was outside for about 20 minutes.
snapixel
snapixel
After the club we headed to a nearby restaurant and had instant ramen noodles.
snapixel
This is the last picture of the night. The guys tell me that the ramen sucks, but I remember it tasting delightful. Maybe it's the alcohol talking.
snapixel
Anyway. That ends night number two. It's barely the beginning of the trip and we were already having a blast and we haven't even visited Macau or Vietnam yet.

1 comment: