Wednesday, May 11, 2016

NYC Trip Report (Day 4) Time to go home.

Checked out of our apartment around 11 am and headed over to Tommy's apartment so that we could drop off our bags. Then we headed off for lunch. Thuy-Ann recommended we try Lam Zhou Handmade Noodle for their dumplings.




Lam Zhou Handmade Noodle. 

It's a really small place that seats about 10 or so people.

The prices here are super cheap.



Handmade noodles.


Fried dumplings. 10 pieces for $3. They were amazing. Cheap and delicious.

Boiled dumplings also 10 for $3. Just as good as the fried ones. I could eat this all day.


I got the Ox-Tail noodle soup $6. I upgraded to hand cut noodles and added a fried egg. Just $.50 cents more for each item. I've never tried hand cut noodles before, so I wanted to try it. I wasn't a fan, it was thick and chewy. I'm used to thin noodles. I wish I got the hand pulled noodles instead. Soup and Ox-Tail was great though.

Since we were nearby we went to check out the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridge.




Manhattan Bridge.


Brooklyn Bridge.




After that we just started wondering around. Trying to find things to do before we head home.



Johnny's Sunday Special Beer & Shot $3. You had me at $3 dollars.

Johnny's Bar




Beer & Shot for $3 bucks as advertised.

and if the $3 dollar specials were good enough, they also had dinosaur pictures and figures.



Not and actual fish tank, but a T.V screen.



Certificate of Excellence. Lol.



Our next time Nicole choose Boba Guys.




Just down the street from Boba Guys is Prohibition Bakery boozy cupcakes. I believe Nicole told me about this place, but we were already bringing a lot of things back so we didn't stop by.

But I did see Wafels & Dinges. All of a sudden I had a craving for waffles.




There were a lot of different things I wanted to try on their menu, but was still full from lunch.

So I just got a basic wafel with fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and nutella. As good as it looks. Just wishes they used fresh wipped cream instead of the canned stuff.

Bacon & syrup

just plain nutella



Eventually it was time to head to the airport. It was about an hour of travel time to get back to JFK from Chinatown using the subway.






One bite cupcakes and mini macaroons.















Good bye New York.





That's it for our visit to NYC. It was cool to visit NYC for the first time. I have no desire to go back anytime soon. NYC can be expensive and people aren't as friendly. NYC reminds me a lot of San Francisco, but S.F is a lot closer for me. Definitely check it out once, but once is enough for me.

Next on the agenda will be beach camping at Pismo Beach.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome trip report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed your trip report to NYC and of course all your VEGAS reports. Love all the food photos - where do you fit it all!! By the way - I think I was in room 2793 at COSMO last year - great room. Thanks for sharing your travels!!

    ReplyDelete