Friday, August 24, 2012

Dirty Thirty Birthday Day 3

Woke up around 10am on Monday morning. We checked out of our room and headed out to meet Brandon for lunch.

We stopped off at this small Italian/pizza joint. The food looked amazing, but my stomach was really pissed off and I couldn't even look at food without making me feel sick.

I ate like 3 garlic tots and called it quits.

Lasagna


Sloppy Joe sliders


Finished around 12:30pm. It was time for Son and I to head back to Irvine. The rest of the group stayed in San Diego for a few hours before hopping on their flight home. I extended my trip for one more day with my buddy Son.



I didn't have an appetite for anything until around 5pm. I have been hearing a lot about Chick-Fil-A since the bay area was about to get one real soon. I thought I would try it.

It's a chicken sandwich. It was okay. I still think the spicy chicken sandwich from Jack in the box is way better. Even the waffle fries are plain compared to Carl's Jr. Chick-Fil-A in my opinion is pretty overrated, but I guess since we don't have one in our area yet people want it more.

My friend Kim drove down from LA and met us for dinner. She always attempts to visit me when I'm in the area. We ended up having dinner at Brodard which is known for their "nem nuong" which is like a spring roll but with BBQ pork meatball.

I also got the BBQ pork and Egg roll vermicelli.

After dinner we headed out to a sports bar. I had no intention on drinking, but since Kim drove an hour out to visit I had a drink with her and the bartender bought me a birthday shot. Totally forgot to snap pics. It was a mellow day and I was still recovering. Son originally planned on taking me to a Vietnamese bar to continue our drink. Good thing we didn't. We called it a night by 10:30pm.

Oh didn't I mention that Parker and Son got into a wrestling match the night before and when we got back to Son's place he noticed that his ankle was severely swollen. No wonder he was limping. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment