Monday, October 3, 2011

Hong Kong & Vietnam Day 12

It was time for Eden to head back home. So we headed out for some Pho for breakfast before we drop him off at the airport. We ended up eating pho at Pho Hoa. Pho Hoa in the states sucks, but in Saigon. It's awesome.
snapixel
snapixel
Here we are dropping off Eden at the airport. We won't see him for a while. Hopefully we will see him again next year. I'm hoping to travel internationally at least once a year. I have been missing out on so much and there is so much to see.
snapixel
and... here we are doing the Dragon Slayer pose. LOL.
snapixel
After we dropped off Eden we headed out to Soc Trang. It was about a 5 hour drive there. One the way there we stopped off to get coffee. I wanted a coke and they gave it to me in a bag. This was a first for me. Mighty interesting I must say.
snapixel
snapixel
We arrived at my friend's Uncle's home. They were very welcoming and were expecting us. They had a nice spread ready for us. We had crab, chicken, squid, shrimp, veggies, and booze.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
We ate and drank a lot.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
I saw some fowl or some sort in their backyard.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
While we were drinking. The uncles wanted us to return at midnight for more food and they wanted to open the giant bottle of Martel pictured below. I was a bit worried cause I was pretty wasted and I don't think I have a second wind for this, but out of respect we had too.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
Brandon ended up drinking quite a bit. Especially when they opened a bottle of X.O Cognac for us to drink. They rarely get visitors from the states so this was a special occasion.
snapixel
I think Bradon is done, but he didn't think so.
snapixel
snapixel
LOL. He ended up passing out.
snapixel
and we continued drinking in his stead.
snapixel
and Son was up to his antics.
snapixel
snapixel
We did do a bit of alcohol damage.
snapixel
snapixel
So we finished drinking and eating around 6pm. So we headed out so that the family can get back to work. There home was also their warehouse. They own a seafood business. We went out for some food.
snapixel
After food we went out for some coffee.
snapixel
I told you I loved the coconut there and so I had another one.
snapixel
Here they are cleaning shrimp and getting them ready for packaging.
snapixel
snapixel
We came back around midnight. They were still working late into the night. Son and I were a bit scared to drink again. Lucky for us they were too busy and we snuck off to bed.

Tomorrow we head back to Saigon. It was nice visiting the country side, but I miss being in the main city with all the clubs and malls. One day was enough for us and I couldn't wait to get back tomorrow. There was nothing to do out there and I can only drink so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment