Friday, October 21, 2011

5th Annual Knott's Scary Farm & Disneyland Club 33 trip. Day 1

The month of October couldn't have gotten here any sooner. It's been  another year since we were last at Knott's. It was pretty random on how this Knott's Scary Farm trip tradition started. It was mainly a bunch of friends joking around about going to Knott's Scary Farm. Everyone agreed and we just took off for one night. We had a blast there and have been going back every year since. This was our 5th year. It's amazing that we have been going to Knott's Scary Farm for 5 years! Well we skipped Knott's one year and went to Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights, but other than that it's been Knott's ever since.

So here we are again at the airport. This year's newbies are Louie and Pierce. I always enjoy having new friends that join us for this trip.
snapixel
I actually ended up waking up pretty late on Sunday morning. I was lucky enough to get to the airport on time. Louie rookie #1 was the first one to arrive at the airport. She actually mistook our departure time by 1 hr and ended up at the airport 2 hrs early.
snapixel
The rest of the people we running pretty late. They had all worked the night before and woke up late. I was a bit concerned cause when I boarded the plan I did not see them at our gate. I sat anxiously in my seat hoping to see them board and it was a sign of relief when I did. They arrived at the airport I think 40 mins before we departed, but in the end it all worked out.

Pierce the second rookie for this trip.
snapixel
After a quick flight we landed at John Wayne Airport in Orange County.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
After grabbing our bags, it was time to get the car and head to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. On the way we met up with one of John's friend Will. My friend Alvin was also going to meet us at Roscoe's
snapixel
snapixel
It's tradition that we eat at Roscoe's during our Knott's trip. This was actually started by John on our second year. He really wanted to try it so we did on our second year return and we loved it so much that we stop by every year.
snapixel
snapixel
I always have the Eclipse. OJ-Fruit Punch-Lemonade.
snapixel
snapixel
I ordered the 1/4 chicken with gravy. It sounds like a weird combo but the saltiness of the chicken and the sweetness of the pancakes and syrup go really well together. It's something to try once.
snapixel
Mmmm... Butter.
snapixel
Biscuit with Jam and butter.
snapixel
snapixel
After we finished our meal we headed to the hotel. We usually stay at the Knott's Berry Hotel. Usually around 1-2 months before our trip I always book a hotel and tickets package with the hotel. You end up saving a few bucks on tickets and you can also buy an additional 2 tickets for friends at a price of $35. These tickets were for a Sunday. I'm pretty sure prices are a bit higher as you get closer to Halloween.
snapixel
In the background is Amber Waves Bar/Lounge. Which had been turned into the Haunted Lounge. I always like to stop there for a few drinks before heading into Knott's Scary Farm. I usually head down at 5pm and stay for about 2 hrs until Knott's opens at 7pm.
snapixel
snapixel
View from our room. Nothing spectacular.
snapixel
While the rest of the group wound down. A few of us headed to Attic to do a bit of shopping. It's a boutique store that is located nearby.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
We just happened to see this motorcycle as we were heading back to our hotel.
snapixel
Bought some sweets to munch. Since we are on vacation the diet goes out the window.
snapixel
Nothing special about our room, but I like to take pictures of it to show everyone.
snapixel
snapixel
Right when it hit 5pm. I headed down to the bar with Louie and Alvin. Funny thing is I went to the bar with the two people that were least likely to drink. Everyone else was still napping and tired.
snapixel
We just happened to run into this Ghouls on our way to the lounge. They creeped Louie out for a bit. It was a good sign of the fun times to be had.
snapixel
snapixel

I like going to the Haunted Lounge cause they have all these Halloween snack foods and specialty drinks.

Drink Menu
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
Louie had the Pumpkin's Revenge. Which is like a spiked pumpkin flavored Frappuccino shot. It also came with a free souvenir shot glass.
snapixel
Snack Menu
snapixel
snapixel
I ordered the bleeding lemon. Which is like a Vodka Gimlet with grenadine. I really like how they garnish and present their drinks.
snapixel
Slowly everyone started to trickle down into the bar. Peter was the next person to show up. He ordered the Witches Cauldron. Which is pretty much spinach dip, but since it had a more scarier name it was tastier.
snapixel
snapixel
After seeing how Louie got a free shot glass I wanted one. Any of the special shots came with a free souvenir short glass. So I had to order one. I got the Poison Boysen. It was a bit sweet for me, but I didn't care. I got my shot glass.
snapixel
While we were at the bar we were talking last year when we were hear at the same bar. My little brother ordered a shot of Hennessy and wanted a chaser or coke. We gave him a hard time about it. Telling him he was weaksauce. The cool thing is the bartender ended up giving him a chaser or chocolate milk in a sippy cup. The bartender heard us and was like "I remember that. I'm the one who gave that to him" that was so cool that we ran into the same bartender we had last year. You can read about it 4th Annual Knott's trip
snapixel
This special is called Nuclear Meltdown. It comes in a 22oz glass for $14.95 or 50oz glass for $24.95. We did not order this, but I snapped a few pictures as they were making this for another table. It is suppose to resemble the nuclear towers from the Simpson's cartoon.
snapixel
This is an awesome picture because Robyn is deathly scared of halloween/scary decorations. When she went with us to Halloween Horror Night at Universal Studios a few years back. She walked into the part stayed for 15minutes and had to leave. She couldn't handle it. She sat in the car for the rest of the night. So seeing her taking this picture and smiling is pretty priceless.
snapixel
It was about 6pm and around this time everyone had practically showed up. Don Lynch ordered The Grave Digger which is tater tots with cheese. Don Lynch does not like cheese but he likes tots. So he got cheese on the side. The tots were delicious.
snapixel
snapixel
And here's Don Lynch. The two things he hates most in the world. Mayonnaise and Cheese. shrug go figure.
snapixel
Will, John and Robyn. I was glad that Robyn was able to join us at the bar cause the decorations freak her out. It was nice having everyone there.
snapixel
We ended up drinking quite a bit and staying until about 7:30pm. Everyone was having a good time so we stayed a bit longer than usual.
snapixel
We had one final shot before we headed into the park.
snapixel
Some of the decor in the hotel lobby.
snapixel
snapixel
We were finally on our way to Knott's Scary Farm. We went on Columbus day weekend and it was packed!
snapixel
snapixel
We always take a photo when we come through the gates. I buy it every year. Someone in this picture is pretty wasted. Can you guess who?
snapixel
Ghost Town is my favorite scare zone in the park. It's so dark and foggy.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
This year they only had one bar open and I was told by the bartender when we were at the Haunted Lounge that they got rid of all the hard liquor and are only serving beer this year. I guess some people got really messed up last year so they took that away.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
I don't really remember the mazes that much, but I do remember that it was really crowded and it really bummed me out that they didn't split the people up. They just shoved the entire line through the maze. I feel it looses the scare effect. I would rather wait a long time and only go through 3-4 mazes slowly in small groups then go through 10 maze in a giant line. You totally kill the scare factor.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
Pretty cool eye effect. They are watching you!
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
Seems like will and John are having a good time.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
Every year they have a show called The Hanging. It's a satire about anything that is current for that year and at the end of the show they usually hang the most annoying person of the year. From what I can remember they have hung: Snooki, Justin Bieber, and maybe the twilight guy (not sure about this last one) and this year they hung.......
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
Do not climb on the horse.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
Phat always wanted to be a Veterinarian.
snapixel
and.. uhhhh.... Pierce wanted to be..uhhhh.... Pierce I guess?
snapixel
snapixel
Inside the park they had a Panda Express! Food!!! nom nom nom nom.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
I stuffed my face and ended up feeling pretty sick so I yacked in the park as I was walking around. I'm not proud of it, but pretty proud that I walked and yacked and continued on my way without skipping a beat.
snapixel
Here we are going through the 3-d maze.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
Like every year. We ran out of time. We didn't get to see everything and we didn't even ride one coaster. It just leaves me wanting more next year. We stayed till closing and headed back to our hotel. The reason I like staying at the Knott's Hotel is because it's so convenient. We can just walked back to it.
snapixel
snapixel
snapixel
On our way back we stopped off for some ice cream. They scoops were huge!
snapixel
snapixel
That ends our first night and what a night. Tomorrow we head off to Disneyland and Club 33!

1 comment:

  1. The monster in the pic w me was named Smiley...was terrified being in the hotel bar with that guy running around FYI..actually...scared just looking at Ur pics on the page! - R

    ReplyDelete