Thursday, January 7, 2021

Overlanding Mojave National Preserve day 2

Woke up and it was still cold out but at least the wind had died down. 
 
The family that was camping on the other side of the boulders ended up leaving. So we migrated to their spot cause it was a lot better. Away from the wind and there was an awesome fire pit tucked away behind the boulder.
 
We had plans to find a new camping spot each day, but since this spot was so nice we just migrated over.
 
Our new kitchen area.
 
Went for a walk around the boulder. 
 
After we had breakfast we went hiking to other mountains nearby.
 
Pictures don't do justice on the massive scale of these boulders.
 
Climbed up near the top and just enjoyed the view.
 
I tried to get to the very top but it got kinda sketchy in certain areas. I took this picture so I can show my wife cause he's afraid of heights and I knew it would give her anxiety. As I was taking this picture I started to freak out myself. lol.
 
By midday, it was time to hang out and drink.
    
Time for lunch. Peter made some fresh onion cheeseburgers. 
 
Time for some drinks with a view.
 
Watched the sunset.
 
The colors of the sky were gorgeous as the sun was setting.
Once the sun is gone it gets cold real quick. Time to start the fire.
No light pollution and it's pitch black in the desert. Stargazing at it's best.
 
The wind was gone, the weather was so much better than the night before. I can see why my brother likes this Overlanding stuff. I'm starting to enjoy this.

We were out in the middle of nowhere. So you have to bring all your own supplies. You have to be pretty prepared for this. Zero trace camping. The more trash you create the more you have to haul out. There are not trashcans or dumpsters.

Even though we brought a propane tank Jack and Peter decided to cook over the fire.
 


 

 
 We were fortunate to go when the moon was in the Waning Gibbous phase.
 
Looking up at the stars from our fire pit spot.
 
For dinner we had seafood fried rice & Korean Beef Bulgogi
The first night was just terrible weather-wise, but it was getting better each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment