Wednesday, October 23, 2019

13th Annual Halloween Trip Day 2: Disneyland, Club 33 & The Proposal

We took an Uber to Disneyland. Got dropped off at the front. I saw that there was a crowd of people near the sidewalk of S Harbor Blvd. I thought that they moved the security check closer to the street.

I was wrong. That was the line for security. It reached all the way to the street of S Harbor Blvd. I have never seen the line this long before ever.

It took us about 25 mins just to get through security.



By the time we got into the park, it was almost time for our lunch reservation.




We went to meet up with the part of our group who were trying to get on Haunted Mansion.


We were waiting for the club to open at 11 am.


Saw these rings at the store across from Club 33 and thought they were neat.


Jayceon's first visit to Disneyland.

Nobody makes Jaylyn wait!

I had been planning to propose to my girlfriend for quite some time. I had coordinated with my friends months in advance on when and where I would pop the question. This is the part where I pretend to take pics with her.

I was so nervous and was just thinking about the perfect time to bend the knee. Luckily when Tammy thought we were done taking pics she turned to pick up her glass of water. Even though she saw me she thought I was grabbing something from my bag.




Now I can finally relax and enjoy the trip.






It was the Haunted Mansion's 50th anniversary, so they had special Haunted Mansion Club 33 Tiki Mugs. You can get them either with or without alcohol.
Short Scowl & Tall Frown


Tom surprised with an engagement gift of a limited set of  Club 33 Haunted Mansion pins.

I continued my quest to try every drink on the club 33 cocktail menu.

Bijou



The Club had some Haunted Mansion decore.






Mary Poppin's table.












Barnum's Vacation, which I have had before, but it's so good. This drink and the Hurricane are my favorite.

I forgot what this was called, but it had lavender on it.

Peter loves his beer. He's having El Sully by 21st Amendment Brewery.


I let the bartender make me whatever he wanted.
This is Cemetery Gate.

The first course started to arrive.
Warm Black Mission Fig Tart

Artichoke Gratine

Sauteed Summer Mushrooms

Nancy having dinner with the Kims.

John and Robyn's personal nanny Diane

Course two:
Fried Quail. This was amazing! I could have eaten a whole bucket of this. Kentucky Fried Quail is what I call it. I was going to sacrifice my second course so that I could have two desserts instead, but our waiter Curt said that I don't have to sacrifice my second course that he would still bring me two desserts. I'm glad I didn't miss out on this dish.

The next drink I had was Stigen's Ruin.

Course three:
Fish of the day which was Seabass.

Grilled Creekstone Prime Ribeye. The extra piece of meat was like a braised short rib. It was amazing! I asked our waiter what it was. He pretty much said it was the end piece of the Ribeye.

White Cheddar Potato Ravioli.

Hickory Smoked Pork Loin.

Jayceon having a deep conversation with Jensen.

Sometimes I forget I'm in Disneyland.

Course four, dessert!

Banana Chocolate "Elvis Cake"

Pumpkin Cheesecake for me

and Mansion Ice Box Cake for my second.

Fried Apple Fritters.

Tom had told them about our engagement prior and they surprised us with a glass of Ayala Brut Rose Majeur. It's a good thing she didn't say no, cause this lunch would have been super awkward.





and to top it off some more the staff all signed a card for us.

and some more dessert. This day just keeps on getting better and better.









Looks like my cousin Nancy and her bestie are going to be related.


The eyes move.

We just had to sign the guest book.

After our meal, we headed back to the lounge for some more drinks.






Tammy adding another set of ears to her collection.



Last drink for the day Old Bones.



They also had some Haunted Mansion decore in the Court of Angels.


After spending several hours at Club 33 we re-emerged back into the park and headed to Haunted Mansion.










After it was time to use our fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.





After BTMR we finally got to visit Galaxy's Edge.

I'm not a huge Star Wars geek or anything, but I have seen all the films and know a bit surrounding the culture, but Galaxy's Edge was amazing. It's so immersive.











We tried using our instant fast passes for Smuggler's Run, but the system wasn't even activated for fast passes yet. So we waited in line for it.




















To me, it was a little confusing on the first ride, but after riding it I get it now.


While we were waiting for the rest of the group to finish riding. Tammy and I walked did a quick run around the land.









John in full dad mode.

We ended up using our instant fast passes for Fantasmic.



They even do a water projection light show in sync with the Halloween Screams Castle show.

After the show, we called it a day and headed out.

We stopped by The Grand Californian Hotel to see the cake they made for this year.

I believe there are 13 hidden Mickeys on the cake.



That's it for this day. We still have another day at Disneyland tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment