Friday, September 21, 2018

Trip Report (day 1) Vancouver, BC

Headed to Vancouver, BC for a wedding. Visited Vancouver once a few years ago and really like the place. So I was glad to go back.


I do miss browsing through the SkyMall magazines.


Landed in Richmond, BC around 7 pm.



I didn't have mobile service in Vancouver, so I brought my old TomTom with me so that I could navigate around city.

I didn't realize until now that the speedometer had MPH listed on the inner bezel. We were trying to figure out how fast we were driving.


Booked a small condo in downtown for around $200 usd a night.


Took a bit of time figuring out where to park and how to get access to our rental. Downtown has a lot of street parking, but their meters area usually a 1-2 hour limit and are in affected everyday usually from 9 am - 10 pm.

After dropping off our bags. Contacted the groom via WiFi and then headed off to dinner. There were a few Ramen joints we wanted to visit, but they were cash only. So we settled for Hokkaido Ramen Santouka which was a bummer cause we have a location back at home.



I think Tammy got the Shoyu Ramen combo with grilled salmon bowl.

I got the Kara Miso Ramen.

Gyoza

Located next door was Bubble Tea Shop

Didn't really find anything too different from your typical Bubble Tea joint.


Called it an early night. We wanted to be well rested for the wedding tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment