Friday, March 2, 2012

SoCal & Disneyland trip day 1

Took the girlfriend on a trip to Disneyland for a late Valentines gift. Woke up early and headed out to the airport in San Francisco.


Flight was on time and we landed at John Wayne Airport around 11:30am.

We grabbed our bags and waited for my friend Son to pick us up. Fortunately for us Son lives in SoCal and so he let us crash at his place.

The place is huge. Son lives with his nephews. This is how the place looks like after being furnished for 5 months. LOL. Totally a guys pad.

Settled in real and quick and started throwing back a few. I'm officially on vacation now.

Brandon drove up from San Diego to visit for the day.

We headed out to grab some food. Son took us to a Taiwanese Hot Pot joint called Boiling Point.


Each person gets their own hot pot filled with meats and veggies.


It comes with a side of noodles or rice.



I had to stop and check on my Troops. If you have an android you have to download Little Empire. It's so addicting. Great game and it's also free!

After lunch we stopped by a few bakeries. I'm on vacation and I'm going to eat whatever I want.



Alvin drove down from LA to visit. We hung out at Son's place for a bit. I had plans to visit my cousin who I haven't seen in 5 years. He just recently moved to the area a week before a arrived. How convenient. So Linda and I took off to see him for a few hours before we head out for the night.


Son was pretty buzzed and wanted to sober up before we head to dinner. So we went for coffee at his favorite spot.

After coffee we ended up at Chapter One. It's this trendy little dining spot. I'm not familiar with the area, but there were a few bars near by also.





They had a special 3 course meal deal going on. For $30 you get an appetizer, main course, desert and an alcoholic beverage. Beer, Wine, or Moscow Mule (house specialty drink)

The Moscow Mule comes in a copper cup. They took our IDs because apparently people have been stealing the cups. So now they take your IDs and return when you return the cup. They say the cups are ordered overseas and are hard to get. I was expecting an awesome cup of sorts, but these do not look worth it to steal. Then again people must have been drunk.

We all had Moscow Mules except for Linda. She loves her beer.

I had the Potato pear appetizer. It was mashed potatoes in a shape of a pear and then crusted. It was good.  It was pretty much mashed potatoes and gravy.

The rest of the guys had escargot. Linda had scallops but I didn't get a picture of it.

Alvin had the steak and fries.

Looks amazing.

But not as amazing as roasted duck with sweet potato waffle. It was delicious.

Linda had shrimp and spinach pasta. She was the only one that didn't do the 3 course. She ordered individually.

For desert Alvin and I had the chocolate pate. It was right in the middle of fudge and a brownie. It was interesting. It wasn't too rich tasting, but rich enough for me.

The other option for dessert was Red Velvet cake.

After dinner we walked around the corner to Proof Bar.

It was a Sunday so the place was dead, but the drinks were cheap.

They had an old school register and they actually used it. The bartender to to punch each item individually onto the receipt. It was pretty cool.



My friend Kim drove down from LA after work to visit. It was great to see her. I haven't seen her in over a year. The last time we saw her was in Jan 2011 when we partied in Hollywood. http://dukie-dukie.blogspot.com/2011/01/hollywood-day-2.html

Alvin just happened to show me a hilarious video.

We were screaming Omega Pi Omega all night. lol.


We called it a night around midnight. Had to get up early for Disneyland tomorrow.


Grabbed some jack in the Box on our way home. Passed out right after that.



It was a really chill first day and saw people I have seen in a while. Tomorrow were off to Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment