Thursday, October 25, 2018

12th Annual October Trip (day 2) Disneyland & Club 33

We were up around 8 am. Felt well rested for our long day in Disneyland.


Jason and Nicole were in Disneyland the day before with Logan. So they didn't get to explore the house. Played a few games with Logan while everyone got ready.


Tammy has never been inside The Grand Californian Hotel.

So we stopped by to take a peek.




Halloween Pump "Cake" Patch
200 pounds of powdered sugar
40 pounds egg whites
180 pounds of rice cereal
80 pounds marshmallow
60 pounds butter
80 pounds of dark chocolate
60 pounds white chocolate
200 pounds of fondant

The group was split up. We were at The Grand Californian, which is where Club 33 members get to park. The rest of the group went to the Mickey and Friends garage.



While we were waiting for the rest of the group to arrive from the parking garage. Headed to Guest Relations to grab our passes.



Jaylyn is ready for the day!

She was so excited she couldn't contain it.

Apparently she was playing with another toddler who gave her the branch.

This year we decided to do a two day hopper. I always felt we were pressed for time for rides and our visit to Club 33.



While we rode Guardians of the Galaxy. Tom grabbed us fast passes for Toy Story Midway Mania.










After Guardians our fast pass for Midway Mania was due.



My favorite ride at DCA. Like every year we always compete for the best score.


Not my best score, but I thought I did pretty well.

What do you mean I'm not the best in vehicle?! Tom beat me out this year.

After Midway we headed to Disneyland


Dog in Disneyland. Something you don't see too often.






Looks like it's time for a cocktail.




This elevator is nice, but I miss the old elevator.


Club 33 Minnie Ears. I believe these were recently released. People are paying up to $275 for these. I remember when the Rose Gold Minnie Ears were sold out everywhere and people were paying about $100 for them.

They had quite a few new items this year.





I'm still attempting to try every cocktail on the menu.


The cabinet full of Liquor I cannot afford.





The do have a few seasonal cocktails. These were the 4 seasonal cocktails for October.


There were also a few changes to the bar menu also.


Louie's Room




A mocktail version of a Ramos Gin Fizz.

I started with Mechanical Animal (left)

Not to sure which drink this one is.

Jason's favorite is the Hurricane.

Artichoke Spinach Fritters.

Baked Brie En Croute

House made Autumn Hummus

I believe this is Plum Dandy: London Dry, Sloe Gin, Citrus, Cream, Meringue

All i know is this one has Lavender

We were limited to four ears. So some of the girls got some.


Logan's first time to Club 33.


Time for lunch.

Mary Poppins' table.




Kid's three course menu.


I started going off menu for my cocktails and had the bartender make me anything he wanted. This one is called Pineapple Daiquiri.

Baked Ricotta "Gnudi": sage brown butter, honey nut squash

Citrus Roasted Red Shrimp: Autumn braised green lentils

Quail wrapped in Grape Leaves: Golden cauliflower couscous, pine nuts.

Brioche bread.... So delicious.

My brother bought me a Club 33 Donald Duck plushy. I didn't even notice they had this.

My next drink was called No. 4

Harvest Apple Salad: market greens, hazelnuts, White Cheddar Thyme dressing

French Pumpkin Soup: Country Ham, Black Bread croutons

Farmhouse Tomato Soup with mini grilled cheese. (kid's first course)

Tortellini of Free Range Chicken Breast: roasted chicken jus, lemon, parsley. This was a bit dry for me and was my least favorite dish.

Cranberry Roasted Medallion of Angus Beef Filet: local root vegetable. I still love the Chateaubriand, but this was very good.

Featured Catch of the day: lobster sausage, fennel, oyster mushrooms. OMG! that lobster sausage was so delicious.

Apple Crumble Cake: Green Apple sorbet, Pecan Praline Caramel.  The sorbet tasted just like apple sauce in ice cream form.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Cannoli: persimmons, pomegranate relish

Cookies & Cream (kid's menu)

Chocolate Hazelnut Cake: coconut kisses, hazelnut crunch.


Valrhona Chocolate Torte: chocolate mousse, chocolate caramel ganache

After lunch we headed back to the bar for more drinks.

I told the server that I wanted to try a new drink and showed him my list of drinks I had in the past. So he brought me No. 4, which I already had that day. So he let me have that one and brought me New York Sour. It's topped with red wine.

Kahlua and Coffee.

The last drink I had which I forgot to take a pic of was Barnum's Vacation. That was amazing and my favorite drink so far. So good that my other friends ordered them also.

We spent a little over 6 hours just eating and drinking. We had fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain but missed it cause we were having a great time at the bar. The it was time for our fast pass to Haunted Mansion, but it was having technical issues at that time.

So we headed to DCA for our fast passes to Radiator Springs Racer.









I have a hard time winning on this ride. I keep losing. Tom lost and he jumped on for a second ride and lost again.



Jaylyn is in love with CoCo at the moment and this was the only thing she recognized the whole trip.


After Radiator Springs Tom had to leave, but he left us with a few fast passes for whatever we wanted.




So we headed to Peter Pan. Since it's usually a long wait and doesn't normally distribute a fast pass for it. Even when I handed the pass to the cast member she was a little confused about the pass, but eventually walked us on. I haven't ridden Peter Pan for years, but it was amazing and I loved it. I don't remember it being so short though.



It was almost time for Fantasmic. I reserved a dinner box for us to get the passes for the show.

We got to the Hungry Bear close to 9 pm. My reservation was at 8:30 pm and the place was closing down. I asked the cast member and she told me they close at 8:45 pm. So we didn't get any food and they didn't charge me for it, but were nice enough to give us passes for the show.


They redid the Fantasmic show a bit. So this was my first time seeing the new show.

Instead of Peter Pan & Hook. It's not Pirates of the Caribbean.

A few other visual effects and slight story line changes. It was still a great show, but I think I still like the old show.

Haunted Mansion was up and running again and they honored our fast pass from earlier.



Stopped by Jolly Holiday for some sweet treats.

Mickey Mummy Macaron. Robyn bought one, but they gave her another one cause it was cracked.



We left the park close to midnight. Normally I'm really bummed cause this would mean the end of the trip, but we had a whole another day in the park tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment