Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Pictures from Rennsport Reunion VI

While I was in Vancouver, I was chatting with one of the bride's friends and he informed me about the Rennsport Reunion at Leguna Seca. Rennsport means Racing Sport in German.

It's a 4 day event that celebrates Porsche's race history. I recently started getting interested in Porsches and have been learning a bit about their racing legacy. So I had to attend this event.

Gates opened at 7 am. My buddy Viet and I arrived around 7:45 am.


I didn't really know what to expect. I just had a list of cars that I was hoping to see.

904 Carrera GTS
550 Spyder
911 GT1 Strassenversion (street version)
997 GT2
Carrera GT
917
918 Spyder
991 GT2RS
Singer Williams DLS 911

Porsche Exclusive Series. 27 more HP, aero kit, ceramic brakes, exclusive wheels, and some trim.

1972 Porsche 911 2.5 S/T

1 of 24 ever produced. Read more about this car's history HERE

Lego life size replica of 1970's 911 3.0 Turbo

1966 Porsche 911. Classic Factory Restoration

1989 Porsche 911 Turbo. Classic Factory Restoration

1965 Porsche 356

Porsche unveiled the new 935. Which is a recreation of the famous 1978 Porsche 935 Moby Dick that won the 24 hour Le Mans in 1979. Porsche will be making 77 of these. Read more about it HERE.

917 Salzburg 1:8 scale model car. $13,917. Limited to 50 pieces & signed by Le Mans Winners" Richard Attwood and Hans Herrmann. Even if I had the money... I don't think so.


Porsche 911 GT3 Soundbar - Black Edition $3,999.95...umm what!?

General admission also includes access to the paddock, which was my favorite part of the event. Awesome to see all the race cars up close and in person.

Engine idle


 






Cars were constantly going in and out from the track.















Porsche 959, produced from 1986-1993. The twin turbo 959 was the world fastest street-legal production vehicle when introduced. Also led the way to making AWD standard on all 911 Turbos starting with the Porsche 993.

959 designated parking area.





Porsche-Diesel Super produced from 1956-1963




Carrera GT. One of the cars I wanted to see on my list.



































997 RSR

991 RSR

918 Spyder. Another one off my list.










All these wide-bodied and fender flared Porsches.







Custom motorized bike builds. I think this is by Dutchman Motorbikes I read that start at $3,500.











904 Carrera GTS. Another one off my want to see list.
Probably a replica I guess I don't know enough about them to tell the difference. An original sold at RM Sotheby's for $1.6 million.









Carbon fiber body.









Another Carrera GTS




991 GT2RS. Such a gorgeous car. Held the Nurburgring record for a bit (Sept 20,2017) until Lamborghini dethroned it with their Aventador SVJ, current record holder as of July 26, 2018.









More engine sounds.













Chopard Heritage Display or significant Porsche race cars. Did I mention is was also Porsche's 70th anniversary?



Porsche Type 64. The beginning of the Porsche Company. More info here


Porsche 356. Porsche's first production automobile. More info here



Porsche 550A Spyder. Differs from the 550 by using a tube space frame. Once recently sold at RM Sotheby's for almost 5 million. More info here

550A Coupe






Porsche 718 more info here



First car event I've been to that has jewelry on display.








Porsche Abarth. 

Porsche Abarth Carrera GTL. 1960 Le Mans, the only factory entry to finish. More info here


Took a break from the Heritage display for some breakfast.




They weren't serving lunch yet since it was so early. So the menu was very limited. Settled on a quesadilla to hold me over.

Porsche RS Spyder getting ready to his the track.

The 919 Hypercar was going to do some laps. So I tried to get some pics of it. This was the the best pic I can get while behind a fence.

Porsche Formula One. More info here



Porsche 904, renamed Carrera GTS due to naming rights. More info here


Porsche 911. The 911 was originally named 901, but due to Puegot's naming rights for any three digit number with 0 in the middle. The 901 was renamed 911. Also the reason why the 904 was renamed Carrera GTS.





Porsche 910. More info here













Porsche 907 more info here





Porsche 917


Porsche 908 more info here




This is the iconic Porsche 917 I wanted to see. First race car that gave Porsche it's first overall wins at 24 hour Le Mans in 1970 and 1971. Also featured in the 1971 film Le Mans starring Steve McQueen. Source here

A Porsche 917K sold at Pebble Beach in 2017 for $14,080,000. Source here










Porsche 917/10 more info here


Porsche 917/30. One of these sold for $4.4 million. Source here














Porsche 934 more info here


Porsche 935 more info here




Porsche 936 more info here


Porsche Indy Car more info here




Porsche Pikes Peak more info here


Porsche 924 more info here








Porsche 956 more info here 


March Porsche more info here


Porsche 962 more info here






Formula one. I think this is the McLaren MP4/2 with TAG-Porsche engine. Source


Porsche 962 more info here


Porsche 959


Porsche 944


Indy Car more info here







ROHR 911 GT1 not the street version I wanted to see, but close enough.






Porsch RS Spyder more info here











Porsche 919 Hypercar 2.0 liter V4 gasoline engine paired with 8MJ hybrid system, more into here





That finally ends the heritage display. There was a lot of cars to absorb that day.

Race simulator in a GT3 Cup



GT3 Cup


GT3 Cup MR. I didn't even know this car existed, but oh man do I wish I can own one. More info here

































The 919 that was running laps earlier.





Factory carbon fiber wheels.

Porsche Taycan. Porsche's attempt on the electric vehicle market.













Porsche with RWB kit. RAUH-Welt BEGRIFF from Japan.



Took a few hours to finish our visit at the paddock. Time to head to the other side where the vendors are.





Also on the vendor side was parking for Porsche Club America members parking.










997 GT2... I hope to own one of these one day.



Another 997 GT2.

and finally the last car on my "want to see list" Singer Willams DLS (Dynamic and Lightweighting Study) 75 of these are to be made for a price of $1.8 million.

The engine in the DLS. 4.0 liter flat six naturally aspirated 500 hp. Those window scoops are a work of art.











Check out the video for more info.




Guntherwerks booth. I think this is the 400R starting at $525,000.


Look at all that carbon fiber.





Another RWB kitted Porsche.


Caught a little bit of racing action on our way out. Looks like the 917 is having an engine problem.


Quite an amazing event especially if you're a Porsche fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment